Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
The boys start things off discussing the injury to Mikko Rantanen and how it will effect the Colorado Avalanche. They then preview the Washington Capitals and Edmonton Oilers game, talking about John Carlson and the hot start to his season, and Alex Ovechkin’s pursuit for Wayne Gretzky’s all-time goal-scoring record.
Chris Abbott calls in to talking some betting trends around the NHL.
Martin Biron calls in to relive some memories with Gager about Rochester and making the transition from the AHL to the NHL and the hot start for the Buffalo Sabres so far this season.
They bite into another juicy Popeye’s Poll Question: Which NHL rookie has impressed you the most so far?
- Quinn Hughes
- Cale Makar
- Cody Glass
- Victor Olofsson
And play another round of Clip It or Keep It:
- Splitting up Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl long-term will be what’s best for the Edmonton Oilers.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs aren’t a Stanley Cup contender.
- The Vancouver Canucks will end up with the most points in Western Canada.
- Deep dish pizza is overrated.
- Patrik Laine should be locked in w/ Mark Scheilfle and Blake Wheeler on the Winnipeg Jets top line.
- The Ottawa Senators will finish with more points than the Detroit Red Wings
- Outside of Carey Price, Max Domi is the most important player on the Montreal Canadiens
- Kass would be the best (out of the podcast crew) on the show Survivor.
Catch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at Noon MST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!