Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
The boys get things rolling taking about how the Colorado Avalanche can hope to deal with Mikko Rantanen’s unfortunate injury. They then talk about John Carlson and his hot start with the Washington Capitals and Alex Ovechkin’s attempt to break Wayne Gretzky’s all-time goals record.
Chris Abbott calls in to talking some betting trends around the NHL.
Martin Biron calls in to relive some memories with Gager about Rochester and making the transition from the AHL to the NHL and the hot start for the Buffalo Sabres so far this season.
They hit the Popeye’s Poll Question: Which NHL rookie has impressed you the most so far?
- Cody Glass
- Victor Olofsson
- Cale Makar
- Quinn Hughes
Then play another round of Clip It or Keep It:
- The Ottawa Senators will finish with more points than the Detroit Red Wings.
- Patrik Laine should be locked in w/ Mark Scheilfle and Blake Wheeler on the Winnipeg Jets top line.
- The Vancouver Canucks will end up with the most points in Western Canada.
- Deep dish pizza is overrated.
- Splitting up Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl long-term will be what’s best for the Edmonton Oilers.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs aren’t a Stanley Cup contender.
- Kass would be the best (out of the podcast crew) on the show Survivor.
- Outside of Carey Price, Max Domi is the most important player on the Montreal Canadiens.
Catch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at 2pm EST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!