Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
The boys start the episode off chatting about the Mikko Rantanen injury and the impact it will have on the Colorado Avalanche and their season. They then chat about John Carlson and his historic start with the Washington Capitals, and Alex Ovechkin’s attempt to break Wayne Gretzky all-time goal-scoring record.
Chris Abbott calls in to talking some betting trends around the NHL.
Martin Biron calls in to relive some memories with Gager about Rochester and making the transition from the AHL to the NHL and the hot start for the Buffalo Sabres so far this season.
They dive into another Popeye’s Poll Question: Which NHL rookie has impressed you the most so far?
- Cale Makar
- Victor Olofsson
- Quinn Hughes
- Cody Glass
Then another edition of Clip It or Keep It:
- Patrik Laine should be locked in w/ Mark Scheilfle and Blake Wheeler on the Winnipeg Jets top line.
- Splitting up Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl long-term will be what’s best for the Edmonton Oilers.
- Outside of Carey Price, Max Domi is the most important player on the Montreal Canadiens.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs aren’t a Stanley Cup contender.
- Deep dish pizza is overrated.
- The Vancouver Canucks will end up with the most points in Western Canada.
- The Ottawa Senators will finish with more points than the Detroit Red Wings.
- Kass would be the best (out of the podcast crew) on the show Survivor.
Catch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at 1pm CST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!