Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
Kass is late to today’s episode, but the boys get into to talking about Craig MacTavish’s experience coaching overseas in the KHL, and other stories about playing in Russia.
But first, they examine the rumour of Evander Kane allegedly owing $500,000 in gambling chips to the Cosmopolitan Hotel, which he accrued during the Vegas Golden Knights and San Jose Sharks playoff series last season.
Kris Abbott calls in to give his thoughts on the Evander Kane situation, betting on international tournaments, and trends around the NHL.
The chat about the player’s poll conducted by ESPN, specifically if there is a problem with players using cocaine in the league.
Which brings them to the the Popeyes Poll Question: Should the NHL punish players for recreational drug use?
And they play another round of Keep It or Clip It:
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has been disappointing as a 1st overall pick.
- David Pastrnak has a better chance of winning a scoring title than Leon Draisaitl.
- One of the Canadian teams should claim Tomas Jurco or Nic Petan.
- @J.T. Miller was the most important off-season addition for the Canucks.
- Zack Hyman’s return will get the Leafs on track this season.
- Potato chips are the best road trip snack.
- The Calgary Flames should trade Johnny Gaudreau for Taylor Hall if he’s willing to sign a long-term deal.
- A trade to the Red Wings is exactly what Robby Fabbri needs in his career.
- The Cosmo should send Ryan Reeves to collect the money from Evander Kane.
Watch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at Noon MST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!