Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
They discuss the struggles of the Toronto Maple Leafs and whether Mike Babcock or Kyle Dubas is to blame.
They discuss the Edmonton Oilers collapsing in the third period against the Dallas Stars and debate if Connor McDavid or Leon Draisaitl should win the Hart Trophy.
Then they discuss the troubles effecting the Calgary Flames. But with Dave Rittich almost getting into a scrap, they give their thoughts on the best goalie fights, and Gager and Kass tell some of their goalie fights.
Jamie McLennan from TSN then calls in to tell the story the suspension he took at the end of his career, and what he thinks is going wrong for the Maple Leafs.
They get into the Popeyes Poll Question: Which Canadian team currently in a playoff spot is likely to miss?
- Vancouver Canucks
- Winnipeg Jets
- Montreal Canadiens
Keep It or Clip It:
- Dave Tippett would win the Jack Adams if the season ended today.
- The Flames will miss the playoffs.
- You feel more effective when you wear a tie.
- Kyle Dubas will be the Leafs GM for the next five years.
- Fried chicken is the best kind of chicken.
- Claude Julien is a better coach than Mike Babcock.
- The Jets should trade for Tyson Barrie.
- Mickey Mouse is the most iconic cartoon character of all time.
Watch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at 11am PST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!