Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
They discuss the struggles of the Toronto Maple Leafs and whether Mike Babcock’s job is on the line.
They give their takes on the Edmonton Oilers blowing the game against the Dallas Stars over the weekend, and whether Connor McDavid or Leon Draisaitl should win the Hart Trophy.
Then they discuss the Calgary Flames’ and if their season is starting to slip away. But with Dave Rittich almost getting into a scrap, they give their thoughts on the best goalie fights, and Gager and Kass tell some of their goalie fights.
Jamie McLennan from TSN then calls in to tell the story the suspension he took at the end of his career, and what he thinks is going wrong for the Maple Leafs.
They get into the Popeyes Poll Question: Which Canadian team currently in a playoff spot is likely to miss?
- Winnipeg Jets
- Vancouver Canucks
- Montreal Canadiens
Keep It or Clip It:
- The Flames will miss the playoffs.
- Dave Tippett would win the Jack Adams if the season ended today.
- The Jets should trade for Tyson Barrie.
- Kyle Dubas will be the Leafs GM for the next five years.
- Fried chicken is the best kind of chicken.
- Claude Julien is a better coach than Mike Babcock.
- You feel more effective when you wear a tie.
- Mickey Mouse is the most iconic cartoon character of all time.
Watch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at Noon MST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!