Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
Kass starts the show off telling some fight stories from his NHL days.
They then chat about the Mike Babcock firing and where the Toronto Maple Leafs go from here. Dusty reads out the Mike Commodore tweets and the boys discuss how far dislike of head coaches can go for players.
Kass gives his take about Paul MacLean being added to the Columbus Blue Jackets’ coaching staff.
Scott Hastings from Odds Shark calls in to talk about the Babcock firing and what the odds, where he’ll end up coaching next, and other betting trends around the NHL.
They give their thoughts on the Garnet Hathaway 3-game suspension for spitting on Erik Gudbranson.
They get into the Popeyes Poll Questions: Who Will Be the Next Head Coach Fired?
- John Hynes
- Bill Peters
- Bruce Boudreau
Keep It or Clip It:
- Shea Weber can sustain his current 63-point pace for the Montreal Canadiens.
- Peanut butter is the best spread to put on a sandwich.
- It’s on Johnny Gaudreau to get the Calgary Flames back on track.
- The Oilers need one more top-6 forward to be considered a true Cup contender.
- Sheldon Keefe will get the Leafs into the playoffs without any other big roster moves.
- Dustin Byfuglien will never play another game for the Winnipeg Jets.
- Craig MacTavish will really enjoy the holidays with Dusty (in Switzerland).
- Licking is just as gross as spitting.
Watch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at Noon MST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!