Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
Kass is away, but no fear, Tom Gazzola is here!
The boys start things off chatting about the Edmonton Oilers’ loss to the Ottawa Senators, and playing down to lesser opponents.
They then chat about Ken Holland’s comments about Mike Babcock by Chris Chelios and Johan Franzen, and if the NHL Code of Conduct needs reworking.
Scott Hastings from Odds Shark calls in to talk about the trend of the higher over/unders, and the best odds for which team Taylor Hall will be traded to, and other bets around the NHL.
And then they get into the Popeyes Poll Question: Which team should trade for Taylor Hall?
- Colorado Avalanche
- @St. Louis Blues
- Dallas Stars
- Arizona Coyotes
They then discuss Auston Matthews admitting that the Toronto Maple Leafs “quit” during their 6-1 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers.
And whether things will finally turn around for the Calgary Flames this season.
Finally, they play another round of Keep It or Clip It:
- The Winnipeg Jets are Canada’s best hope for a Stanley Cup this year.
- Cousin Eddie is the best character in Christmas Vacation.
- Eggnog is overrated.
- David Pastrnak will score 60 goals this season.
- If you were to become GM, the Vancouver Canucks job is more attractive than the Leafs job.
- It’s an excited time to be an Ottawa Senators fan.
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will make less than $6 million on his next deal.
- It’s okay to kiss randoms if it’s under the mistletoe during the holidays.
Watch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at 1pm CST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!