Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
Gager’s away, so Dusty and Kass start off by reviewing the four points of the podcast’s Code of Conduct.
They then chat about the slew of recent coaching changes around the NHL.
Scott Hastings from Odds Shark calls in to talk about that game, and who the favourite for the Stanley Cup is and how the recent coaching changes might effect betting on the San Jose Sharks and Dallas Stars, and other best bets around the league.
Kass talks about what the effect of having a new coach coming in midway through a season has on a team.
Popeyes Poll Question: Who is the second best player in the NHL right now?
- Jack Eichel
- David Pastrnak
- Nathan MacKinnon
- John Carlson
Peter Loubardias from Sportsnet 960 calls in to sing the praises of MacKinnon. He then gives his thoughts on the surging Calgary Flames, how they’ve responded since the dismissal of Bill Peters, the early-season struggles of Johnny Gaudreau and the recent hot streak for Milan Lucic. He wraps up by recounting his favourite World Junior Championship memory.
Keep It or Clip It:
- Anthony Duclair is the most dangerous offensive forward on the Ottawa Senators.
- Kyle Dubas will make a blockbuster deal prior to the trade deadline.
- The Edmonton Oilers have dropped 3 of 4 at home, is it time to worry.
- Doing all your Christmas shopping in one day is the best way to go.
- Elf is one of Will Ferrell’s top five movies.
- We should do a Secret Santa gift exchange on the podcast next week.
- Flames fans should be very concerned about Gaudreau’s 24 points in 33 games.
Watch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at 1pm CST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!