Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sport Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
The boys open the show chatting about the BOA, everything from the goalie fight, some of the players who have been offensive letdowns, and the lack of physical presence from Milan Lucic.
This leads them to this week’s Popeyes Poll Question:
Will Johnny Gaudreau be a Calgary Flame next season?
They then touch on the latest news on Dustin Byfuglien and the Winnipeg Jets and the mutual termination of his contract.
They discuss the Super Bowl halftime show and Dusty has some bar ettiequte questions after watching the game at a pub, there rolling Vancouver Canucks and what’s led to their success, and the Montreal Canadiens sending Jesperi Kotkaniemi down to the AHL.
Keep It or Clip It:
- Tyler Benson should get a look with Connor McDavid and Zack Kassian.
- The Canucks have the deepest forward group in Canada.
- People are too passionate in Super Bowl halftime performances.
- Trading for Taylor Hall was a major mistake for the Arizona Coyotes.
- The Winnipeg Jets are a better team than the Coyotes and Chicago Blackhawks.
- Kasperi Kapanen sleeping in and being late for a meeting is no big deal.
- Going to a pub to watch a major sporting event is better than watching at home.
They then wrap things up with the age-old debate: who’s better, Alex Ovechkin or Sidney Crosby?
Watch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at Noon MST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!