Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
For Episode 6, Kass is away, but Dusty and Gager are joined by former Oiler Shawn Belle! They discuss Matthew vs. Brady Tkachuk and the Calgary Flames chances are of winning the Pacific Division again.
First, they break down the Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks game, and some of the biggest takeaways from the game. They also touch on the Adam Larsson injury and how it effects the team’s blue line long-term.
Kris Abbott then stops in to make some bets for the NHL season and the NHL Best Bet Game of the Week.
Popeyes Poll Question: Which Goalie Would You Want in a Winner Take All Game?
- Marc-Andre Fleury
- Andrei Vasilevsky
- Sergei Bobrovsky
- Carey Price
They discuss the decision on John Tavares getting named captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs and whether that was the right decision or not. They also question Mike Babcock’s decision to healthy scratch Jason Spezza in the Leafs’ home opener against his former team, the Ottawa Senators, in favour of Nick Shore.
They get into this week’s Keep it or Clip It:
- Brady Tkachuk will be better than Matthew Tkachuk.
- The Winnipeg Jets will miss the playoffs.
- Mike Babcock will NOT be the Head Coach of the Maple Leafs next season.
- Leon Draisaitl will score 50 goals this season.
- The Calgary Flames are more likely to miss the playoffs than win the division again.
- The Canucks significantly improved their team in the offseason.
- The Montreal Canadiens will make the playoffs.
- The Detroit Red Wings are heading in the right direction.
Check out today’s episode below:
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on FacebookLive starting at Noon MST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!