Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
For Episode 6, Kass is away, but Dusty and Gager are joined by former Oiler Shawn Belle! They discuss the @Red Wings and whether they’re finally headed in the right direction, @Edmonton Oilers win over the @Vancouver Canucks, Mike Babcock electing to healthy scratch @Jason Spezza and the decision to name @John Tavares captain, and how the @Adam Larsson injury will effect the Oilers’ blueline.
Kris Abbott from Odds Shark joins the boys to give some advice on betting during the NHL season, a look at the over/under on @Connor McDavid’s point total, and his pick for the NHL Best Bet Game of the Week.
They dig into the delicious Popeyes Poll Question: Which Goalie Would You Want in a Winner Take All Game?
- @Carey Price
- @Sergei Bobrovsky
- @Marc-Andre Fleury
- @Andrei Vasilevsky
Dusty then hits Belle and Gager with this week’s Keep it or Clip It:
- @Brady Tkachuk will be better than @Matthew Tkachuk.
- The @Winnipeg Jets will miss the playoffs.
- Mike Babcock will NOT be the Head Coach of the Maple Leafs next season.
- @Leon Draisaitl will score 50 goals this season.
- The @Calgary Flames are more likely to miss the playoffs than win the division again.
- The Canucks significantly improved their team in the offseason.
- The @Montreal Canadiens will make the playoffs.
- The @Detroit Red Wings are heading in the right direction.
They head into the weekend by reminiscing about some of their most memorable road trip stories.
Check out today’s episode below:
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on FacebookLive starting at 2pm EST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!