Since it’s the dog days of summer and there isn’t anything interesting happening around the Oilers, the boys decided to talk about movies on this week’s podcast. Of course, that lasted roughly one segment before they got sidetracked by tales of their old restaurant, the fact that Jalen Ramsey showed up to Jaguars training camp in a Brinks truck, and some Big Brother talk.
If you were looking for some Oilers talk, they did cover the fact that newly acquired New Jersey Devils forward Nikita Gusev will wear number 97 next season. THAT’S THE SAME NUMBER THAT CONNOR McDAVID WEARS! HOW DARE HE! But the group quickly realized that this was hardly a controversy.
Wanye also discovered that he knows one of Yaremchuk’s cousins, Chalmers talked about complicated construction stuff, Jay talked about his trip to the Royal Alberta Museum, and they gave an update on the new podcast studio!
There was truly a little bit of everything in Episode 132 of Nation Real Life.
Listen to the episode below:
Subscribe to the Real Life Podcast for FREE on Soundcloud here, on iTunes here, on Google Play and wherever you get your podcasts from.
- Episode 131: The Honey Episode
- Episode 130: People get excited by rumours, not news
- Episode 129: There better things to do than go to the Hockey Hall of Fame
- Episode 128: In Holland We Trust
- Episode 127: “It’s nice to meet you in real life”
- Episode 126: Raptors, Blues, and Owners Taking the Trophy
- Episode 125: Talking life and hockey with Ladislav Smid – Part 2