A report from The Fourth Period’s David Pagnotta and Dennis Bernstein states that the National Hockey League is expected to make an announcement in regards to the second phase of its return to play plan.
The announcement, Pagnotta said, is expected to include details on the activation of that second phase.
The NHL is expected to make an announcement by the end of the week with details on the activation of Phase 2, league sources tell @DennisTFP and I.
— David Pagnotta (@TheFourthPeriod) June 3, 2020
The second phase includes the opening of practice rinks for small, voluntary group workouts on and off the ice involving no more than six players. They will be expected to maintain physical distancing at all times.
Surgical or non-surgical face masks will be expected to be worn at all times other than while exercising.
In late May, the league released the details of their return to play plan that included information on:
- Travel to the Club’s Home City
- Testing for Infection and Antibodies
- Temperature/Symptom Check
- Education Session
- Pre-Participation Medical Evaluation
- Symptomatic Persons During Phase 2
- Permitted Activities
- Permitted Personnel
- Social Distancing, PPE, and Other Safety Measures
- Personal Safety Precautions
- Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Activities Outside of Club Facilities
- Club Facilities
- Club Facility Hygiene
On Twitter: @zjlaing