It’s a frosty Monday here in the capital city but the good news is that there’s a brand new episode of the Real Life Podcast to get you started. This week, the guys covered last night’s Super Bowl, previewed the Oilers’ upcoming series against the Senators, and a whole lot more.
Kicking things off, the podcast got started with a recap from this past weekend as there were a ton of sports to get to, including the first Battle of Alberta and a Super Bowl that saw Tom Brady win a record seventh championship. Starting with the Oilers, Saturday’s Battle of Alberta was a tough loss to swallow based on how the team played and how the team probably could have won had they been able to get a save. Will things turn around now that Mike Smith is back? We shall see. Changing gears to last night’s Super Bowl, everyone to a man complained about how boring the game was while still picking out some positives from football’s biggest stage. Staying local, the guys looked at the finalists for the Edmonton Football Team’s new name that is expected to be announced soon and took a few guesses as to which of the seven names will reign supreme. Finally, the boys wrapped up the Monday edition of Real Life by pumping up the DFO Rundown podcast that launched on all platforms today.
Listen to the Monday episode of Real Life below:
- Episode 253: Tiger Woods, the Super Bowl, and Scott Hastings from OddsShark
- Episode 252: McDavid, Draisaitl, and the World’s Longest Game with Kyle Brodziak
- Episode 251: GameStonks, the Oilers rollercoaster, and Scott Hastings from OddsShark
- Episode 250: The Oilers rollercoaster and a chat with Liam Reddox
- Episode 249: Oilers talk, David Arrigo, and Scott Hastings from OddsShark