It appears the National Hockey League will be making an announcement in regards to the second phase of its return to play, The Fourth Period’s David Pagnotta and Dennis Bernstein reported.
The announcement is expected to be about the league activating its second phase.
The NHL is expected to make an announcement by the end of the week with details on the activation of Phase 2, league sources tell @DennisTFP and I.
— David Pagnotta (@TheFourthPeriod) June 3, 2020
That second phase includes the opening of facilities for voluntary groups of players that may not exceed six people. Those groups can conduct workouts on an off the ice so long as physical distancing is always occurring.
In late May, the league released details of its return to play plan that included information on:
- Travel to the Club’s Home City
- Testing for Infection and Antibodies
- Temperature/Symptom Check
- Education Session
- Pre-Participation Medical Evaluation
- Symptomatic Persons During Phase 2
- Permitted Activities
- Permitted Personnel
- Social Distancing, PPE, and Other Safety Measures
- Personal Safety Precautions
- Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Activities Outside of Club Facilities
- Club Facilities
- Club Facility Hygiene
On Twitter: @zjlaing