A few notes from Winnipeg Jets practice today…
- Bryan Little is officially out with a concussion and there is no timetable for his return. Little was hurt on a hit taken in the last preseason game this past Sunday against the Minnesota Wild. The play was reviewed by the league but it was felt there would be no discipline handed out.
Paul Maurice didn’t like the Luke Kunin hit on Bryan Little yesterday, but there will be no supplementary discipline for Kunin. It was apparently viewed by the league as an accidental collision. https://t.co/Q8UhXxAFij
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) September 30, 2019
- Also on the injury front, Nathan Beaulieu has an upper-body injury and is suspected to be out for the next four weeks. This is likely what made the @Carl Dahlstrom waiver claim necessary.
- Dahlstrom will wear 23 for the Jets. Last Jet to wear the number was Jay Harrison in 2015
JERSEY NUMBER: D – Carl Dahlstrom will wear No. 23 for the #NHLJets.
— Winnipeg Jets PR (@WpgJetsPR) October 1, 2019
- Josh Morrissey has been given an Assistant Captain role with the club and will have an “A” on his sweater come opening night in New York. The Jets were short an assistant with Dustin Byfuglien still away from the club. The move is permanent and not a fill-in role and Byfuglien is not being stripped of his, so when or if Big Buff does return, the Jets three assistants in total.
- Paul Maurice is uncertain if Sami Niku will be in the lineup for Thursday. He skated with the club for the first time in a week, still suffering from a groin injury suffered in the preseason.
- The Jets in the afternoon announced their final Opening Day roster which included a move to put Nathan Beaulieu on the Injured Reserve and Sami Niku has been assigned to the Manitoba Moose.
#NHLJets announce opening day roster.
— Winnipeg Jets (@NHLJets) October 1, 2019
(Stick taps to Scott Billeck and Mitchel Clinton.)